Add something absolutely mouth-watering to your appetizer menu this Spring! These Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches are the perfect dish for anyone looking for the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
- 16 thin slices of pancetta
- 2 medium freestone peaches—halved, pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Lay the pancetta slices out on a work surface. Set a peach wedge at the edge of each slice, season with salt and pepper and top with a basil leaf. Roll up the pancetta to enclose the peaches.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add half of the wrapped peaches and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until the pancetta is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining peaches.
- Lightly drizzle the peaches with aged balsamic vinegar and serve.
Wawona’s Signature Sliced Peaches are ideal to use in not only this item but appetizers, entrees, and desserts! Contact us today to learn more!