Burrata and Peaches — the Perfect Appetizer!
Burrata and Peaches are the perfect combination to ring in the warmer weather. Try this amazing recipe with Wawona’s Signature Sliced Peaches today!
Lemon-Thyme Oil (makes extra)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Peel from 1 small lemon
- 4 thyme sprigs
For the burrata platter
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- sliced peaches
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh burrata
- ½ cup fresh basil and/or mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon toasted pistachios, chopped
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few cherries or fresh currants, optional
- Toasted bread, for serving
- Combine the oil, garlic, lemon peel, and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat. Gently warm the mixture, then turn off the heat. Let steep for 20 minutes, then strain.
- Assemble the tomatoes, peach slices, and burrata on a platter. Sprinkle with salt, then drizzle with lemon-thyme oil. Top with the basil and mint and sprinkle with pistachios. Top with cherries and currants, if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with toasted bread.
Make sure to utilize Wawona’s Signature Sliced Peaches today — these delights are perfect for any item on your menu! Contact us today.