Happy PEACHY New Year!
Wawona Frozen Foods is excited to celebrate 2023 as the 60th Anniversary of Wawona Frozen Foods! From what started out as a small 200-acre farm, to being now a 3rd generation pioneer in the frozen fruit industry shipping more than a 100 million pounds annually! We are excited to take time and reflect on where we started and where we have been, and eager to look forward to seeing where Wawona Frozen Foods will go next! Cheers to 60 years!
Wawona Frozen Foods is excited to be bringing in a new state of the art de-capping machine for our strawberry line. This new piece of equipment will help Wawona Frozen Foods eliminate excess labor forces and increase product yield across the board! With new technologies being developed each day, we are excited to be at the forefront of innovation and look forward to sharing more with you as we move into the installation phase!
How Long Does Frozen Fruit Last?
Freezing foods like fruit and vegetables extends their lifespan, but do frozen foods eventually go bad? Freezing prevents food poisoning bacteria from growing, so no matter how long frozen food has been in the freezer, it’s still safe to eat, according to the USDA.
Using frozen fruits and vegetables is not only convenient, but it’s also nutritious. Frozen produce may have more nutrients than fresh produce, according to a January 2015 study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
So, does frozen fruit go bad? No. Frozen fruit does not expire or go bad. Any frozen food is safe to use because bacteria and other pathogens can’t grow in temperatures of 0 degrees Fahrenheit and below, according to the USDA.
To read more, visit livestrong.com.
Frozen Fruit 101
Looking to add some health-conscious, fruit-filled snacks for 2023? Nutritionists love frozen fruit because:
- They retain their nutrient levels
- They don’t contain additives
- They are versatile for meals and snacks
By offering healthy snacks, you’ll attract health-conscious customers that appreciate nutritious, low-calorie alternatives. Here are some of our best healthy snack ideas that use Wawona’s fresh frozen fruit:
- Berry Yogurt Swirl Popsicle: These sophisticated popsicles blend berries, strawberries, or blueberries with dairy-free yogurt for a cool snack or dessert that caters to the vegan crowd.
- Pineapple Mango Sorbet: This healthy snack whips up fast, only needing two hours to chill. Sorbets are a great menu item for in-between courses or as a light, refreshing dessert.
- Freezer Fudge with Strawberries: A healthy take on a decadent treat, this freezer fudge combines frozen strawberries, almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup for a guilt-free snack.
- Frozen Yogurt Bites: A five-healthy-ingredient snack, these frozen yogurt bites can substitute any fruit with honey, granola, and yogurt for a cool and balanced bite.
- Fruit Smoothies: Combine all of your favorite Wawona fruits and blend to perfection!