What’s Up with Wawona, October 2023
The food industry is constantly evolving, driven by changing consumer preferences and global trends. One notable trend is the growing emphasis on health and wellness. Consumers are increasingly seeking out healthier options, including plant-based and organic foods, as well as products with clean labels and minimal processing.
Sustainability is another key focus, with a rising awareness of the environmental impact of food production. This has led to a surge in demand for eco-friendly packaging, locally sourced ingredients, and reduced food waste.
Additionally, technology is playing a pivotal role, with the rise of food delivery apps, online ordering, and smart kitchen appliances reshaping the way we access and prepare food. As the food industry continues to adapt and innovate, these trends are likely to persist, shaping the way we eat and interact with food in the years to come.
Frozen Fruit 101
Frozen fruit is a nutritious and convenient addition to your operation for several reasons, including:
- Frozen fruit is available year-round, ensuring you have access to a variety of fruits even when they are out of season.
- It retains most of its nutrients during the freezing process, making it a great source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Frozen fruit has a longer shield life compared to fresh fruit, reducing food waste.
- It’s versatile and can be used in smoothies, desserts, and as a topping for yogurt or oatmeal, making it easy to incorporate.
- Frozen fruit can be a cost-effective option, as it often comes in larger bags and can be more budget friendly than fresh alternatives.