What’s Up with Wawona, February 2023
Wawona is excited to celebrate February, the month of LOVE! A few reasons to LOVE Wawona Frozen Foods – did you know that one of Wawona’s company pillars is community service? Wawona gives back to its community in a number of ways!
- Provides fruit cups to almost ALL fundraiser walks, school carnivals and sporting events! Do you want frozen fruit cups at your next fundraising/school event? Reach out to Wawona to see how we can help! email@example.com
- Wawona’s employee’s come together in the fall for an Employee Giving Challenge to support and raise funds for Valley Children’s Hospital!
- Wawona Frozen Foods hosts the annual Peach Party at the Old Town Clovis Farmer’s Market where we give out FREE samples to our community, family and friends in attendance!
We love Wawona Frozen Foods and we hope you do too!
Did you know it is Berry Fresh Month?
Berry Fresh Month is celebrated every February. It brings the beauty of berries and their nutritional benefits to our attention and spreads awareness about various types.
Wawona Frozen Foods offers fresh frozen strawberries that are plump, juicy and flavorful. Our strawberries are hand-picked at ripened maturity to ensure a bright color and tender texture of the finest quality of fruit available. We also offer blueberries which undergo the Individual Quick Frozen (IQF) process to seal in the natural flavor and nutrients.
We also have several unique blends of mixed fruit – from traditional 3- and 4-Berry Blends to a kaleidoscope of colors and flavors in the Spectrum Blend.
The flavor and health benefits of berries make it a favorite of foodservice operators. They are a key ingredient in pancakes and breakfast cereals, in baked goods, such as muffins, sauces, glazes for entrees, and smoothies. Wawona is proud to be the premium supplier of different berries, which are all a great source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber.
Frozen Fruit 101
Want to buy frozen fruit but don’t know enough about them? Here’s four facts about the benefits of using frozen fruit and IQF.
- Convenience: Frozen foods are convenient as they can be stored in the freezer and used as needed, saving time and effort in food preparation.
- Nutritional value: Frozen fruits and vegetables can be just as nutritious as fresh, as they are often frozen at the peak of ripeness and retain their nutritional value.
- Long shelf life: Frozen foods have a longer shelf life than fresh foods, making them a great option for those who want to stock up without worrying about spoilage.
- IQF technology: IQF (Individual Quick Freezing) technology allows for the preservation of individual pieces of food, preventing them from sticking together and making it easier to portion out.
To learn more about the benefits of frozen fruit and IQF, check out The American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI).