Peach, Tomato, and Fried Farro Salad with Burrata
Everyone wants something light and satisfying in the summer that is bursting with summer produce. The combination of juicy peaches and tomatoes pairs beautifully with the creamy burrata. The final addition of fried farro gives the salad a wonderful crunch, and is also easy to prepare.
– 4 cups canola oil
– 1 (8.5 oz) pouch of pre-cooked farro (~ 1 ¾ cups)
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 lb. assorted small and large heirloom tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 in. wedges
– 2 medium peaches, cut into 1 in. wedges
– 2 cups baby arugula
– ¼ cup very thinly vertically sliced red onion
– 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
– 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 (4 oz) balls burrata cheese, torn in half
1. Heat Canola oil in Dutch oven over medium-high until thermometer in oil registers 375 degrees F. Add half of farro, fry until browned and crisp (4-5 minutes). Remove fried farro from pan with a strainer. Drain in paper towels, and immediately sprinkle with salt to taste.
2. Combine tomatoes, peaches, arugula, onion, and mint in a large bowl. Combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl or jar, whisking or seal and shake until well blended. Drizzle half of dressing over tomato mixture. Arrange salad on a platter; top with burrata pieces and about 2/3 cup farro. Drizzle salad with remaining dressing, and serve immediately.
(Remaining farro can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or frozen for 3-4 months).
Wawona Frozen Foods can provide the highest quality peaches to create this delicious salad as well as other delicious delights. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your operation succeed!