Here are Creative Ways to Enjoy Frozen Fruit
Frozen fruit is not only incredibly nutritious, but it is also versatile in sweet and savory dishes. Here are several fun and unique ways to use frozen fruit:
- Sorbet and sherbet – Putting frozen fruit in a food processor or blender with your desired liquid, normally orange juice for sorbet and milk for sherbet, creates the perfect puree. This delicious treat can easily be frozen and pureed again just before serving.
- Punch – Lemonade or limeade can be transformed into your favorite punch by simply adding frozen fruit. For a cocktail version, add vodka. Frozen fruit can also be used to make refreshing sangria!
- Smoothies – This goes without saying, but frozen fruit, alongside yogurt and milk, blends into a mouth-watering, sweet delight. Smoothies are a health-conscious, refreshing snack that carry vital nutrients.
- Sauces – Simmer sautéed onions, garlic, and herbs along with frozen fruit to create a savory sauce. Add red wine or broth until the liquid reduces into the perfect texture for your meal.
- Galettes – This French pastry is delicious and easy to make. Frozen fruit can be used inside a 9-inch piecrust, sprinkled with granulated sugar and baked at 400 degrees until the crust is golden brown.
- Marinade – Puree frozen fruit in a blender with your desired flavors. This could be lemon or lime juice, olive oil, mustard, and herbs on a variety of different meats, such as chicken, fish, and pork.
At Wawona Frozen Foods, our quality frozen products make it easy to enjoy your favorite fruits in many different ways. Contact our team for more information about how we can help make this summer sweet and tasty!