Fruit tarts are an amazingly delicious dessert that will satisfy almost any sweet tooth while keeping things light! The hallmark of a scrumptious fruit tart is the balance of flavors that come from a light creamy filling, crumbly cookie-like crust, and of course, a tart fruit such as fresh raspberries or a peach glaze. Fruit tarts are an excellent choice for a healthy dessert that won’t be too filling. Below are some of the most mouthwatering types of fruit tarts.
Types of Fruit Tarts:
- Authentic French Fruit Tart – This tart will transport you to the Parisian streets lined with bakeries! A French tart consists of a pastry crust, vanilla cream filling, fresh fruit of your choosing (strawberries are never wrong), and a fruit tart glaze.
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart – This elegant dessert is a great way to impress company. The recipe calls for a dangerous combination of chocolate custard, chocolate dough, strawberries, and sea salt.
- Peach Blueberry tart – This tart has a graham cracker crust, traditional cream or custard filling, and a perfect combination of peaches and blueberries.
- Pomegranate and Pear Tart – This exotic tart features a pistachio shortbread crust, cream filling, and an irresistible mixture of pear and pomegranate.
- Pear Cranberry Tart – This festive tart is a perfect holiday choice with a classic dough crust, creamy filling, and layers of fresh pear slices and cranberry glaze.
Looking for more pastry recipes or fresh fruit provisions for your bakery or business? Wawona provides the highest quality fruit products to their customers. Contact us today!