When you think of pears and chocolate, you rarely think of them together. However, they are the secret match made in heaven! This chocolate pear cake is the perfect dessert that can blow everyone’s minds.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter
– 4 oz dark chocolate (chopped)
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup whole milk
– 3 pears ripe, peeled, cored, & chopped into large chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a 9×9 in. square pan or 9 in. round pan
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt – mix to combine
4. Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a small bowl, using a microwave, or on a stove top in a small pan over low heat. Stir well.
5. Transfer melted chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl, add granulated sugar, and beat on medium-high for a couple minutes until mixture is light in color. Add eggs and vanilla, and continue beating. Add flour mixture and milk, alternating between the two in two additions, into the chocolate mixture.
6. Pour cake batter into pan and place pears on top of cake batter.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake bounces when touched.
8. Cool on wire rack for 15-30 minutes.
9. Dust with powdered sugar before serving!
This delicious treat will bound to be a hit for any gathering. Wawona Frozen Foods has the highest quality pears to use when making this recipe, along with many other types of fruit. Contact us today to learn more about how we can support your foodservice needs!